2 cups of leftover risotto at room temperature*
1 egg lightly beaten
2 Tbs unsalted butter
6 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese, plus additional cheese for serving
- Place the risotto in a bowl and gently min in the egg
- In a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat, melt 1 Tbs butter. Working in batches and adding more butter as needed to prevent sticking, drop spoonfuls of the risotto mixture into the pan and make 6 pancakes. Using a spatula, gently press the risotto mixture into rounds and fry until light brown, about 3 minutes.
- flip the pancake and sprinkle each one with 1Tbs of the Parmesan cheese. Cover and cook until the cheese melts, about 1 minute. Uncover and continue frying until light brown on the bottom, about 2 minutes longer.
- serve with additional cheese
* this is very important because if its too cold they will be sticky and hard to work with!