Aren't they beautiful? They are like little works of art! We'll I was excited because I thought purple, Peanut loves purple! She may actually put a carrot in her mouth for the first time in her life! I was looking for an easy recipe and found this one at Everyday Food:
Couscous with Carrot and Cilantro
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt, couscous, and carrot; cover pan, and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork. Gently stir in cilantro and oil; season with salt and pepper.
It was very tasty, the carrots had such an amazing flavor.
Did the kids eat it? No. Purple, favorite color, Couscous - non-offending noodle product, served with grilled tuna. Snub, Snub, and Snubbed. Well actually AW devoured and then asked for more carrot, but wouldn't eat anything else. Peanut said purple a million times but wouldn't actually put anything in her mouth. Oh well, try, try again. The exciting thing for me is I modified and made a recipe all on my own- something I have done with baked good, but ever dinner so I may be getting this cooking thing after all. Will I have to consider myself domestic than?