Here, our the promised recipes from our Fun, Fun Friday (before Halloween)
(adapted from Stonyfield Yogurt Ad)
(they weren't green, it's a crappy camera!)Ingredients:
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flower
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup plain (we used vanilla!) yogurt
1/4 cup butter room temperature
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbs lemon zest
1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven 375 and spray muffin pans with cooking spray
- In a small mixing bowl sift together flour and baking soda.
- In another bowl combine sugar, yogurt, eggs, butter, cinnamon, and lemon zest. Beat until thoroughly combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just blended, careful not to over mix.
- Gently fold in blueberries and spoon the batter into the muffin tins filling each one 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 min or until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Now the kids gobbled these up! My husband not so much. several problems, we skipped the zest (I was out) and the whole wheat flour was very "whole" and I dumped the pieces that didn't fit through the sifter in anyways, I probably should have left them out. In case you couldn't tell from my lovely picture they were supposed to be ghosts and pumpkins....nothing ever looks like the professional pictures! (see next recipe!)
Most importantly I learned the trick I had been wanting to learn. You can substitute 1 cup of yogurt for 1/2 cup of oil (saves 72 calories but I was more interested in the added protein and calcium!)
We also made Mummy Dogs courtesy of the Pillsbury Website.
Not quite as good looking as the picture but the kids loved them. Well one did, the other unwrapped the "mummy" ate the hot dog and asked for another one "not wrapped". Yep, my kids won't eat bread. Awesome. Oh and we used Mayo for the eyes, because that's all Monkey will eat on his hot dog which is both gross and difficult since Mayo melts.