There are so many awesome give-aways going on right now, I am hoping to win some more great Christmas presents. Just last week I won another. I got this awesome, hand knit toddler hat in my toddlers favorite color from The Sewing Dork, it is going to make a GREAT stocking stuffer! So here are a few more contests I am hoping to win, to make my Christmas a little bit brighter, and if you must yours too...
The BEST giveaway I have seen so far, is not the totally awesome HP Giveaway at Jolly Mom, as awesome as that is. It's at 5 Minutes for Mom. Their Christmas Giveaway (see the button on the right) is so awesome because not only do you have tons of different things to possibly win but because all those same prizes will be given to a family in need this Christmas. You can go here to read all about it and nominate a family. It's really great because that is really what the season is about, not just about getting all the awesome gifts like the Pedal Cars, The entire Veggietales library, or the Melissa and Doug Grocery Store/Lemonade Stand. I would be considered a rock star mom in my house if I won even one of those!
Chrissy wants to know Who Stuffs Your Stocking. Duh! Me! The holiday's would be practically non-existent if it weren't for this mom! Two years ago when Peanut was a newborn and I wasn't juggling enough things, I decided that I HAD to make stockings for the whole family. Hubby had a homemade one from his grandma growing up and was so sentimentally attached to it. His mom still hangs them up at her house. So after many trips to the fabric store, lots of cussing and do overs I managed to make 6 stockings...that's right 6, well actually 7 because I sewed one together wrong and had to start over. One for each of us and our two cats:
Aren't they great. I realize the picture is sideways, I don't know why. It's not on my computer and it is on Blogger so oh well, you get the picture. The cat ones were smaller with Paw prints, black for Gissy the black cat and white for Ina the white cat. Which reminds me I need to give that to Grandma since she know has the cat...maybe' we'll fill it with treats first...My husband has managed on occasion to sneak a little something into mine at some point in the evening. Usually it's a bit of chocolate but it would be awesome if this year it came in a little blue box.
Jolly Mom is my new favorite person and I really hope I win ONE of her awesome giveaways! Here are some that would make my Christmas totally awesome (I'm going to see how many more times I can get that in this post, do you think I'm a child of the 80's or what!). First up, Leap Frog. Leap Frog is a favorite in our house, we love all their toys and I have been super impressed with the company itself. We got a Leap Frog Farm as gift. We had no receipt and didn't know where it came from so we couldn't take it back to a store when we realized it was defective, one of the animal pieces didn't work. They were friendly and helpful and sent us a new one. It was great! So we would happily welcome Scout into our home, I know my Peanut will love it!
Then there is the Borders Giveaway for a $100 Gift card to their New Toy and Game department! OMG! Christmas would be much brighter with that!
Then she has the Hasbro giveaway! My daughter would love to find a Pony in her stocking, my son would flip for the Potato Head, wow I wish I was a kid again...good thing I can live through mine!
We love classic toys and this giveaway is perfect for all the car rides we will be taking this year!
We also love Haba, and my daughter would love one of their soft dolls. Well Jolly Mom comes through again with another giveaway, she is teaming up with Maukilo and they have Haba, so we love them too!
Jolly Mom is also sentimental and wants to know about our favorite Christmas memory...I have so many, how to choose just one. I think my favorite is the firs Christmas my husband and I spent together. When I became my own family and we had this teeny tiny Charlie Brown Christmas tree....that's where this whole crazy journey started....
Today's Mama has a little game for her giveaway, I give you the:
Mama’s Holiday Wish List Meme: TodaysMama and Provo Craft are giving away a sleighful of gifts this holiday season and to enter I’m sharing this meme with you.
1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year?
- A full day at a spa with massage and mani pedi
- A new Columbia ski coat
- Winter boots
- A new smartphone
- 5 minutes of peace and quiet
2. What is your favorite handmade gift you have received?
- A painting of my children done by my sister
3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle?
- hmmm, I would love a totally hand made holiday but I would really love to gift myself with a great fancy dress...sewing skills aren't quit there yet.
4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child?
- well since I have no memory the only one I can think of is when I was 2 or 3 (great memory huh!) and there was a cradle with a pile full of baby dolls...maybe it was so good because I had no siblings then?
5. What items are on your kid’s wish list this year?
- Everything from Every toy catalog that is being delivered daily! Hahaha! Their top items are any Melissa and Doug kitchen item, they love playing kitchen. My daughter would also probably love some accessories to go with her baby dolls.
6. What is your favorite holiday food?
- Almond crescent cookies, I haven't had them in years because my husband is allergic to almonds, boo!
7. What will you be hand-crafting for the holidays?
- Two sets of toddler PJs
- Two toddler jumpers
- cookies in Jar (3)
- holiday hand towels
- appliqued tote bags
- snowman kits (3)
- applique tees
8. What is your favorite holiday movie?
9. Favorite holiday song?
10. Favorite holiday pastime?
Jamming with my kids to Christmas music and decorating cookies