I have been dragging my feet on this Christmas season. But despite my feet dragging, here it is December 11 and there are 14 (FOURTEEN!) days until Christmas. What have I done....yeah not a lot! I still need to:
- At least 4 loaves of banana bread
- 1 loaf of Eggnog bread
- at least 6 different kinds of cookies (2 cookie exchanges alone next week!)
- 1 gingerbread house (must buy a kit!)
- Christmas presents for 3 children (not my own)
- Christmas presents and stocking stuffers for my own children
- Supplies to finish the rest of our Christmas presents
- 3 Snowman kits
- 4 Teacher gifts, but it should be 5 (need more supplies!) because I forgot about my daughters gymnastics coach!
- 1 hostess gift
- 2 appliquéd tote bags for the grandmas, in which I need to figure out how to do this
- 2 appliqué tees per child
- This and these for my daughter, and hopefully a fleece jumper/tunic
Gasp, Gulp, heading back under!
So if I am a little absent in the next few days, just refer back to this list, I am probably doing one of these things. Which will hopefully turn out better than this did. While I love the concept and idea of a homemade holiday, I think I have sufficiently proven that I am not organized to do it!
Not to mention that we still don't have our tree up, because for the 3rd year in a row the day after we bought our tree the temperatures dropped to below zero and the water it was in froze solid. So now it's inside trying to thaw out. It will hopefully be put up and lit up tonight while I watch Julie and Julia which I have been waiting to see since I finished the book.
Oh and than there is life, family and bills and stupid cell phone companies who won't send me the bill (because I was on-line only and paperless and since we canceled our account I no longer have access) so instead of mailing my bill like they said when we called. They SENT IT TO COLLECTIONS! If it doesn't get straightened out I will be naming names!
Okay, that's enough crazy for you today, things could be worse, they could be better, it's just my life.
If you haven't already head over to Blog*Bid*Hope the auction ends tonight at 5!
Great, you just reminded me of why I should get up off my butt and stop reading blogs. I still have nothing bought and minimal decorations with tons of baking left to do.
Wow...Busy Busy! I should not complain when I see what you have left!
That's quite the list. Hope you've put a dent into it by now epseically 'cause we only have 7 days left until the big day. I've got loads of odds and ends to wrap up myself.
Post a Comment