So apparently it's resolution time. I am surrounded and bombarded by ads for fitness equipment, home organization, healthy food. People are posting their resolutions online (Chrissy MacCeo has a great list!) I can't escape it!
Now I am not against resolutions. I actually like them. The start of a new week, a new month, a new year are all great times to start a new and try to make positive changes. Here are the resolutions I posted last year:
1) Never go grocery shopping with both kids again. I will plan meals ahead off time and shop on my own!
- HUGE Failure! We are pretty good at planning menus, but there are just not enough hours in the day and I loathe spending an entire evening at the grocery store! So that was a silly one to even make, although as the kids have gotten older they have gotten a little better about the trips It's still a headache where we take too long and spend too much!
2) Complete a Detox Diet (here is this years, a little different ) including trying to gulp down oatmeal!
- I did do this! Well, I didn't try oatmeal, the thought makes me gag still! The Detox Diet they had last year was awesome! I felt great, I lost a few pounds and I was eating a lot better. This will not be happening this year as Detox and pregnancy don't mix.
3) Loose the last of the "baby" weight
I did this too! Then promptly got pregnant again, oh well, maybe in 2011?
4) Complete the Self Challenge in March
- I did not do this. I stated it, and didn't finish. I started out great working while I watched "days of our Lives" but after the first month I needed to up the cardio, I joined a gym and than switched my focus to the marathon training. I will finish this sometime! Again, maybe in 2011!
5) Spend more time on myself
-I started the year out doing this very well, especially with marathon training. I should try to focus on this again, maybe this will be the one resolution I make?
6) Spend 1 hour a week working on my family tree/history
- I don't think I even spent 5 minutes! Every year that passes and family member we loose I think about all the history and stories that leave with them and it makes me sad. But with 2 little ones and other projects this just keeps falling through the cracks.
7) Try to relax
- I got better at this, learning to say No, was a big step.
This year I don't think I will make a list though, I'm just really not feeling it. Part of it may be that I'm pregnant. I love being pregnant, really. I have spent my whole life watching this, measuring that, starting one exercise routine after another. When I'm pregnant I throw all those thoughts out the window. I spend that time thinking and worrying about someone else. If I'm hungry I eat, and I eat what I want, not necessarily what I should. It's freeing and I love it!
So this year I think I'm going to skip resolutions, maybe I'll try to be more organized and keep a cleaner house...yeah unlikely since we are adding another crumb monster! I know, I can resolve to have the crummiest (that is crumb covered) dinning room floor in the state. Look at that, I'm already done!
Happy New Year! May you resolve to have the best year ever, whatever that means to you!