I'm sure many of you are doing the same thing and wondering what to do with all those beautiful holiday cards. You don't want to be a scrooge and throw them out, but really how much paper can one house hold? We keep all the photo cards in a scrap book and we make scrap book pages out of the special ones (first Christmas) and smaller holidays. However we get a lot of Christmas cards and there is only so much room for sentiment before you become a hoarder! Never fear, you can purge and help a good cause making you feel all warm and fuzzy all over! Send them to the St. Jude Ranch Recycled Card Program. The children of St. Jude’s turn old Christmas cards into new cards for next year. The cards are sold via their website and the funds go to support St. Jude’s operations.
Now on to the funnies!
- Apparently Barbie is going green, just not in anyway you or I would go green (I hope!). Whatever as long as the kiddos are entertained right? (From Helene at I'm Living Proof that God has a Sense of Humor)
- I'm sure that there were great psychological studies done that tell retailers that they should have "Get Organized" sales the first week of the New Year. I'm sure it's playing on our need to find a place for all the stuff we got and trying to start the year of fresh. But watch out, it may lead to Brain Potpourri! (From The McMommy Chronicles)
- Debbie has come up with the BEST way to make New Years Resolutions work, make them for other people! (From Suburb Sanity)
- You think you got the market cornered on weird? Check out the 100 Weirdest Stories of 2009 (recapped by The (Un)Experienced Mom). Note to self: Have homework hot-line number on the fridge.
- The New Years Resolution Revolt. While make resolutions you can't keep, lets make some that will be easy to keep! (from Vodkamom)
- I'm not quiet an Anti-Hoarder, but the more stuff we accumulate (which multiples by 10 with each child!) the more like her I get! (from Nucking Futs Mama)
- This is scaring me, a lot! The good thing is my husband doesn't travel, if he did I would be in the loony bin with her! (from Snarky Mommy)
- The High Price we (being parents) will pay for a date. (From NapWarden)
- How Sippy cups can save babies in Africaa (or at least as far as your kids are concerned!) (From In through the Out Door)
Did I miss one? Link up in the comments below!