We are hopeful near the end of what feels like the never ending winter. After 6 months of being couped up inside and the biting winds we encountered outside every member of my family was suffering from dry, red, itchy, flaky skin. My daughter in particular gets almost eczema like patches of dry skin on her legs.
Now I LOVE lotion. When I was younger and had more disposable income I had rows and rows of lotion in every flavor (some of you may call them scents) imaginable. These days my supply of lotion is running low and tends towards the super center (or baby store!) shelves. So when I saw a tweet from Skin MD I was intrigued. I had been looking for something new to try since our current lotion was not working for my daughters dry patches.
I was sent one full size bottle of Skin MD Natural Shielding Lotion. Some info from the company:
- Traditional lotions have one basic goal - to simply make up for the moisture that our bodies are losing by adding an external source of moisture. Many common household products and even soaps are absorbed directly into your skin, causing skin disorders or just plain dry cracked skin.
- According to Dr. Helton, shielding lotions help prevent damage to the skin by bonding with and protecting the skin. "They not only add moisture, but also help stop the loss of your natural moisture."
- Dermatology tested
- No animal products or testing
- Hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic
- Fragrance and colorant free
- Paraben free
We have been using the lotion for about two weeks now. I was pretty impressed, it didn't work any miracles, but after this winter we would need to shed our skin like a snake to solve our skin issues! This lotion is very thin and light which I loved. My daughter likes to help put her lotion on and many of the lotions are so thick that it's just a mess. This lotion spread quickly, and dries quickly and is not greasy at all. It really helped with my dry skin and reduced the redness from my skin. My husband didn't really like the thinness of the lotion. But overall it was a great lotion.
SkinMd has offered to send one of my readers the same thing they sent me, one full size bottle of skin shielding lotion.
To enter please live a comment on this post before Midnight on April 2 telling me you visitedSkin MD website.
For an extra entry follow Skin MD on Twitter and leave a comment telling me you did with your Twitter name.
Winner will be chosen using Random.org. Please be sure to include your email address in your comment if it is not in your profile so that I have a way to contact you if you win. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours of being notified a new winner will be chosen.
* Disclosure: I was provided product for reviewing only. The opinions expressed are my own, I was not compensated for them.