Chocolate Banana Bread
Makes 2 9x5 loaves, serves 24
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 6 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 Tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup sour cream (or yogurt, we like French Vanilla)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (if making muffins use mini chips)
- Preheat oven to 350degrees. Lightly grease two 9x5in loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and eggs. Stir in bananas and vanilla.
- Sift in flour, baking soda and cocoa; mix well.
- Blend in sour cream (yogurt) and chocolate chips
- pour into prepared pans
- bake in preheated oven for 60mins or until a toothpick in center of loaf comes out clean