So awhile back, or a week ago, I don't really know. Is there time in summer? Days, weeks, hours? It seems to all blur into one mass of children needing attention, heat, Popsicles and pools. Anyway, at some point in recent history Lou and Mel bestowed on me a Beautiful Blogger Award:
Awwww, thanks guys! So I'm supposed to tell you 10 things about myself, instead (because rules schmules) I'm going to tell you 5 things about myself and 5 things you should not do if you want to enjoy your holiday weekend.
5 Things About Me (that you may not already know)
- I spit in no fewer than two sinks while brushing my teeth and have one morning spit in every sink (5) in our house in one teeth brushing. I can't stand still I walk around and gather mine or my kids things together.
- I was the pickiest eater in the world until I meet my husband, he doesn't tolerate it from me or the kids.
- Why was I picky eater? Well the apple doesn't fall far from the free, my mother, well I'm not sure she gets the recommended daily allowance for fruits and veggies for a day, in a week. sadly I'm not joking.
- I am OBSESSED with the Liberty of London line at Target. I am still kicking myself for not buying the lamp shade when I saw it on clearance. I think I may have gotten the very last piece from my Target this week and it was only $3.50!
- One thing I have come to love about suburbia? They seem to have no interest in the designer collections at Target. I can almost always get what I want, usually on clearance. I resisted (serious resistance I tell you) picking up a Zac Posen while I was there, I have no need for Gold Lame formal dress!
5 Things You Should NOT do if you want to enjoy your Holiday weekend
MakeAllow your children who never stay up more than an hour past their bedtime to stay up to watch fireworks
- Hand your 3 year old a sparkler with no instructions on what it is or how to use it, than stop looking at her for even a second (yes she is okay, small burn on her thumb, hubs feels terrible).
- Forget to bring your glow sticks the one night your kids will be out after dark
- Unable to find the kid safe bug spray, pack the DEET filled stuff in your bag, spray yourself and your husband, and allow your children to be devoured by mosquitoes (seriously they look worse than when they had the chicken pox).
- Change their clock in hopes they will sleep-in (or even stay in bed) just a little later but leave their curtains open.
So I'm supposed to tag 10 people who are Beautiful Bloggers too....how on earth do I decide? Well I let Random.org choose for me, 10 random blogs chosen from the 130 blogs that are in my reader, in random.org order:
11. O My Family
78. Ann's Rants
130. Prairie Momma
Also? I may be the only one wondering this but, when does football season start? Really? I'm ready for some football!